Domestic kerbside recycling in the Shoalhaven is a fortnightly service. Your recycling bin is picked up on the same day as your garbage bin. Go to the website for the collection calendar for you area .
Council actively supports and promotes recycling to the community due to the wide-reaching environmental benefits that recycling offers. Increases in recycling efforts by our community leads to a reduction in waste buried in landfill as well as less pressure on natural resources.
Together, Council and the community can work to protect the beautiful and naturally diverse environment in which we live.
What can be recycled
Many household items can be recycled through the yellow lid kerbside recycling bin including:
• Newspapers, magazines, advertising leaflets & envelopes
• Flattened cardboard & cardboard boxes
• All rigid plastic bottles & containers e.g drink bottles, milk bottles(remove lids), margarine & ice cream containers, shampoo & detergent bottles
• Milk and juice cartons
• Glass bottles and jars (all colours)
• Aluminium cans
• Steel cans e.g baked bean tins, pet food cans etc
• Aerosol cans – just take the spray nozzle off
Home Sustainability Workshops:
Shoalhaven City Council offers free 1 ½ hour workshops in household sustainability covering topics such as composting, worm farming, natural cleaning and organic veggie gardening.
The workshops are offered at various times throughout the year and are available for all residents in the Shoalhaven.
Bookings to all workshops are essential. Interested participants can book for a workshop at Council’s Waste Management events site.
For more information phone the Waste Hotline on (02) 4429 3374.